Available April to October
Mongolia is the eighth largest country in the World, but with a population of fewer than three million it is Earth’s least densely populated. Bordered to the south by the mighty Gobi desert, to the west by the imposing Altai Mountains and with the huge expanses of steppe and forest across the central plains it remains a true rugged, and very beautiful, wilderness. While the countryside remains populated by nomadic people living a traditional lifestyle, Mongolia’s capital, Ulan Bator, is a cosmopolitan, thriving city. Ulan Bator boasts a modern, state of the art National Stadium and it is here we will be hosted by the Mongolian Premier League for the matches.
1) You’ll head to Mongolia to play against local opponents under the banner of AK Caledonia FC (or your own team if group booking).
2) You’ll start and finish the trip in Mongolia’s capital, Ulan Bator, during which time you will play some footy.
3) Leaving the capital behind you’ll travel through part of Mongolia heading down to Mandalgovi in the Gobi desert.
4) An overnight stay with a nomadic family eating traditional food
5) A trip to see the Terelj National Park.
6) The trip will finish off with a celebratory meal where we’ll hand out players awards and enjoy some well earned free time.
Day 1. You will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel in Ulan Bator. Check-in at your hotel and rest of the day at leisure, experiencing Mongolia’s capital.
Day 2. Following a breakfast and relaxed start we will travel to a local football centre where you will play a game against local opposition.
Day 3. Following a lazy morning (recovery time) you’ll head south towards the Gobi desert.
Day 4. Having spent the night in Mandalgovi you’ll have the chance to explore the local area with the team and engage in some community projects.
Day 5. Tour game at local football centre against a local side.
Day 6. The tour moves onwards to Dundgovi where we’ll spend a night with a nomadic family and enjoy a traditional Mongolian feast.
Day 7. An early rise to make the Journey north to, Terelj National park where you’ll spend 2 nights in a ger camp
Day 8. The morning spent trekking in the national park with an afternoon game of football in a rural setting followed by a celebratory meal and awards in the ger camp.
Day 9. Return journey to UB (taking in the Chengis Khan monument) with a free afternoon and evening.
Day 10. Return to UK
Land package = £950 (based on shared accommodation)
• Pre-departure support
• All in country accommodation
• Fully organised community projects
• All football activities
• Countrysde tour (run by Sand-baggers)
• End of trip dinner
• Return airport transfers and daily in country travel
What’s not included:
• Personal medical expenses
• Personal spending money (budget approx £200)
• International Flights.
• Evening meals unless otherwise agreed
• Personal Travel insurance
Fancy joining us? You can sign up above, or please email email@example.com if you want to talk it over.
View our gallery of images from our previous Mongolian trips