Available October to April
The Gambia, also known affectionately as the Smiling Coast is one of Africa’s smallest countries and unlike many of its West African neighbours it has enjoyed long spells of stability since independence. On 18 February 1965, Gambia gained independence from the United Kingdom and joined The Commonwealth. Banjul is Gambia’s capital, but the largest conurbations are Serekunda and Brikama. Its area is almost 10,500 km² with an estimated population of 1,700,000. An agriculturally fertile country, its economy is dominated by farming, fishing, and tourism. About a third of the population lives below the international poverty line of US$1.25 a day.
1) Enjoy a unique adventure football trip where you will play against local opponents under the banner of AK Caledonia FC (or your own team if group booking).
2) The team will based near Brufut, close to our partner football academy, where you’ll enjoy training days, five-a-side games, coaching sessions and finish off with a full tour game against a local team.
3) In between the football you’ll get to see the wonders of The Gambia through our day trip.
4) The trip will finish off with a celebratory meal where we’ll hand out players awards and enjoy some socialising Gambian style.
Day 1. You will be met at the airport for the transfer to your hotel. Check-in at your hotel and rest of the day at leisure, experiencing the local area. Dinner will be spent with the team, and the rest of the group for a relaxed briefing.
Day 2. Training camp day 1 (skills session & 5’s)
Day 3. Footy tour game against local side
Day 4. Trip (overnight)
Day 5. Trip
Day 6. Community coaching day
Day 7. End of Tour match against a local side & Celebratory dinner in the evening
Day 8. Return to UK
The trip will be used to help support the local football academy and your participation will help the development of grassroots football in the local area.
This will be an historic footballing journey as rich in culture as it is in sport.
Land package = £800 per person (based on shared accommodation)
Email email@example.com for payment details.
• Pre-departure support
• All in country accommodation
• Fully organised community projects
• All football activities
• Day trip
• End of trip dinner
• Return airport transfers and daily in country travel
What’s not included:
• Personal medical expenses
• Personal spending money (budget approx £200)
• International Flights.
• Evening meals unless otherwise agreed
• Personal Travel insurance
Fancy joining us? You can sign up above, or please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to talk it over.